Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Milk - Chocolate Syrup

Milk is not my drink of choice when it comes to beverages. I just don't like the taste of milk and I substitute it with yogurt;  I eat yogurt with my cereal, with fresh fruit, with…..almost everything is good with yogurt! However, after my run I crave chocolate milk. Crazy right? My sister likes this homemade chocolate milk like a kid. She is the biggest chocolate milk drinker I know. So I came up with this recipe for chocolate syrup.




2 cups sugar
1 cup water
½ cup cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
½ tea spoon vanilla

Mix the cocoa with water and pour into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat and add the sugar. Boil for four minutes and add the vanilla and salt. Let cool and pour into a clean glass bottle. Store in the fridge. For chocolate milk blend two or three (if you like a richer flavor) tea spoons of syrup with milk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!