Friday, November 9, 2012

Lemon Pretzels

In case you were wondering If I am baking anything else than cookies lately - no I don't. Here's another cookie recipe. :)



My mum surprised me with these beauties on Monday when I came home. These pretzels are so delicious I had to share the recipe with you! They're like lemonade in cookie form. Totally addictive and so easy to make.

200 grams flour
100 grams butter
70 grams sugar
1/2 lemon - squish the juice out of it and grate the peel
2 egg yolks
1 tea spoon vanilla

Mix all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon. When it starts getting thick, continue with your hands and knead the dough. Form into a ball and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Form the dough into a long, sausage looking shape. Now cut the dough to walnut sized pieces. Form this little pieces of dough into pretzels by rolling the dough into a small sausage looking shape and turning the edges to the middle of it, pressing slightly with your fingers. Just use your imagination, you can also do other shapes if you wish. Bake at 180°C until they're golden brown. Sprinkle the pretzels with powdered sugar while they're still warm.


11 comments:

  1. These sound refreshing! I've never heard of anything like this :o)

    Thanks for joining Keep Calm & Link Up this week :o) xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meredith! Hope you have a great day and thank's for hosting the link up party.
      Best,
      Maja

      Delete
  2. I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on through tomorrow night at ‘Or so she says …’ Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariel! Thank you for inviting me to the party, I'll be there :)

      Delete
  3. wow, this recipe is amazing...and so are all the others! I made your nutella cookies but with Jif mocha cappuccino spread. YUMMO! I found you on the blog hop and am following along on Twitter. I'd love for you to stop by and visit sometime. Have a great day!
    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Marilyn! I'm glad you like my recipes. Thank's for following me. I just started following your cute blog and your pinterest boards.
      Best,
      Maja

      Delete
  4. These sound good. What a neat idea! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites! Please come back and link up again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maja,
    These sound yummy. I love the addition of lemon. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I love lemon cookies. They are so fresh, sweet and yummy. Thanks so much for linking up on our Holiday Cookie Recipe Swap.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/fabric-covered-can-pen-and-pencil.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just linked up my Cinnamon Wreath. Thank you for hosting Debi!

      Delete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!