Monday, December 24, 2012

Thumbprint Cookies


The Christmas cookie baking spree continues! I just get into baking cookies every now and then, but this time of the year makes it even more fun. I love these Thumbprint cookies because they look awesome and taste amazing. Actually I bake them just around Christmas and not year round because they look so perfect for Christmas.
I will be spending this evening with family, drinking mulled wine and eating delicious food while opening presents.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas eve! Eat lots and lots of great food and be joyful!


280 grams butter
400 grams flour
140 grams sugar
4 egg yolks
Lemon zest
250 grams walnuts, grated
Jam of choice

Put the flour and sugar in a big bowl. Add the butter and slice it into small pieces with a knife. You should get a messy combination of flour and butter. Add the yolks, lemon zest and walnuts. Knead the dough with your hands until you get a smooth texture. Put in the fridge for half an hour.
Now take a small amount of dough, let's say the size of a walnut, and roll into a ball. Set the balls on parchment paper and make a hole in the middle of each ball. I used the handle of a wooden spoon to do so. Bake them at 190°C for 20 minutes. When baked, fill the holes with one teaspoon jam of your choice (I used peach jam, but any kind of jam will work).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!