Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pasta Puttanesca


When I came home from my last exam in this semester I was starving. And when I'm starving I have to eat something that is prepared quick and easy. Seriously, I don't have the nerve to make a fancy dish when I just sweated my ass off during the exam. 
Pasta is the number one dish I can think of, when someone says easy and delicious main meal. So I made Puttanesca sauce, found here.
Lunch was ready in approximately ten minutes and it was to die for. If you, for some weird reason, haven't made Puttanesca sauce – make it. You'll fall in love with it.

1 can tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, cut small
½ cup olives, cut in half
1 tea spoon capers
2 table spoons anchovy fillets

In a pan, lightly saute the garlic until it starts to brown. Add the tomatoes and crush them with a fork. Stir for a minute or so. Then add the olives, capers and anchovy fillets. Cover with a lid and let lightly boil for a few minutes. Cook your favorite pasta (I love wholegrain Barilla Penne), drain and pour the sauce over it. Mix well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!