Sunday, April 21, 2013

Polenta Pizza

You know those days when you don't feel like cooking but you have to? Yes, I do have a few of such days in the year and I actually really like them. Don't get me wrong, I love to cook and it is my favorite hobby, but when I come back from work or the faculty exhausted I don't want to cook a fancy meal.

This is when Polenta comes in handy. Polenta is my favorite dish ever. Ever! I could eat it every day, no matter what. If you, by any weird reason, haven't tried Polenta yet – go to the store and buy it. It is the numero uno comfort food. So, once you discover the beautiful Polenta world, your cooking will change. I like my Polenta in a trillion ways. For example, when I want an old-school dinner that reminds me of childhood, I cook it and pour some cold milk over. Or when I want something special and yet a classic, I do this Pizza.



This is an easy recipe and everyone can make it. You need 15 minutes and your favorite pizza toppings. And Polenta, of course.

You need:
3 cups water
1 cup Polenta
Pizza toppings of choice (mozzarella, cheese, ketchup, olives, origano, ham, turkey etc.)

First, bring the water to boil and add the polenta. Stir constantly until thickened, this may take about 5 minutes. When cooked, pour into a baking tin (medium sized, or bigger if you want a thin layer of Polenta) and leave to cool down. Once it is cold, put toppings on it; I used ketchup as a base and then put mozzarella cheese, tuna chunks, olives and shredded Gouda on top. Put in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!