Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies

I tend to go vegan every now and then. But mostly when I discover that I don't have enough eggs in the fridge and can't make any ordinary dessert. Yes, it happens. Vegan desserts are actually just as good as normal desserts and it is hard (if not impossible) to tell the difference between a vegan and a non-vegan, if you ask me.
The following brownie recipe is one of my favorites because the batter is so easy to make and it is not sticky or gum-like. The brownies are moist and gooey, just as they have to be. Recipe from this blog.



You need:
1/3 cup brewed coffee
1 table spoon vegan margarine
1 ounce semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/4 cups plus 2 table spoons sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1/2 table spoon vanilla
1 cup plus 1 1/2 table spoons flour
1/2 tea spoon baking powder
1/4 cup plus 2 table spoons chocolate chips

Grease a 8x8 inch baking tin and preheat the oven to 190°C. Combine coffee, margarine, and 1 oz chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and carefully microwave until smooth and melted. Stir to combine. In another bowl combine sugar, cocoa, salt and mix to combine. Add the oil, water, and vanilla. Stir well. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Stir in the chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Pour the batter in the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before removing from tin.

3 comments:

  1. These look awesome!
    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/. I would be honored if you join us! Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound fantastic! I'm picking this as one of my features at tomorrow's All My Bloggy Friends! I can't wait to see what you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!