Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pflaumenkuchen

I am back from my trip to Cologne. The past month has been the best in my life; I have learnt so much, experienced millions of things and most importantly - I have met the most amazing people. If anyone of you guys are reading this, please remember that you are all lovely people and I could talk to you for hours and hours straight. Ich kann es kaum erwarten euch wieder zu sehen! Bleibt so wie ihr seid!

So, back to my "normal" life. Our plum tree is so generous that I have problems eating all of the plums. My friends, family and my boss benefit from this since they all got a lot of plums recently. This Pflaumenkuchen reminds me of my days in Cologne, where I ate an amazing slice of Pflaumenkuchen and this is my recreation.



You need:

For the dough
300 grams flour
20 grams butter
1 egg
10 grams sugar

For the filling
900 grams plums, pits removed
2 tea spoons cinnamon

For the crumbly topping
320 grams flour
200 grams sugar
200 grams cold butter



Combine all of the ingredients above and mix with a wooden spoon. Now knead the dough for a couple of minutes, form into a ball and set aside. Leave to rest for 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare the filling; put the plums into a small bowl and dust with cinnammon. You can also add sugar to the plums, if you wish but I prefer them plain because they are naturally sweet. After the dough has rested, roll it out (cca. 2 centimeters thin) and put in a pie dish. Put the filling on top and set aside. Make the crumbling topping by putting all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix with an electric mixer on full speed for a couple of minutes, until crumbs start to form. Top the pie with it and bake for 45 minutes on 180°C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!