Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chocolate Almond Cookies

Whenever I go grocery shopping I always buy things I don't actually need. My heart skips a beat when I see that familiar red "sale" sign. Almonds were on sale the other day and I couldn't resist buying a bag. Come on, I wanted to resist the urge of baking because I simply don't have time these days (writing an MA Thesis, blogging and a job keeps me occupied), but when I saw Lorraine's recipe for Chocolate Almond Cookies I knew the almonds were a good purchase.



Recipe adapted from Lorraine Pascale's A Lighter Way to Bake (My review)

You need:

50g butter
50g light brown sugar (I am in love with Muscovado)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
100g whole-wheat flour
50g ground almonds
50g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Flaked almonds for the topping


Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray. Set aside. 
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
Gradually add the flour, almond, cocoa, baking powder and soda. Mix well, then use your hands to form a sticky dough. 
Roll out small balls of dough, set on tray, and flatten each ball with your palm. Put a few flaked almonds on top.
Bake for ten minutes. Once baked, let cool on a wire rack.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments so feel free to leave one.
Thank you for stopping by The Cake Baby!